Friday, December 30, 2011

My main focus is to remain focused.

With this new year, focus is a priority. I'll be on to bigger and better things in only a few short months. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new year. A new me. A me that is more comfortable. More confident. And I'm ready for it :)

I've never really been big on "New Year's Resolutions", but I figured this year I could make an exception. I actually have a few that I hope to keep to.

1. Be healthier.
    This sounds like a stupid cliche of what everyone wants for the new year, but mine has nothing to do with weight. It's more about just wanting to live a healthier life. This means less pop, more water. Less burgers, more wraps. Less t.v., more exercise. ...okay, the more exercise might be pushing it, but the other things I figure I'm not really giving up that much.

2. Continually strive for excellence.
    Not to the point of madness or obsession, but just always giving what I do my all. I know that this is something that I should be doing regardless, but sometimes I think "No one really notices when I give it my all, so what's the point?", but that's not true. I notice. I shouldn't have to try and impress anyone else. I should be proud of any work that I produce, whether others take notice of it or not.

3. Be more organized.
    Organization is something that I have always struggled with and really hope to overcome this year. Especially with going off to school, organization will be key. No more mom and dad reminding me to do something or where I put a certain paper. I'll be out on my own and I need to be ready for that. But I think I can be. I'm a lot more comfortable with going away than I thought I would be. I can do this.

4. Believe in yourself.
    This, as always, is important. I need to think more "I can do whatever I set my mind to" and less "Lets stick with something that I know I can do". I can do more than I think I can, and I need to start realizing that. I need to stop sticking with what's safe and take more risks. I am stronger than I believe and braver than I know.

5. Believe in others.
    I need to not be so afraid to trust others. I need to ask for help when I need it. Not all people are trying to hurt me, some actually want to help. It doesn't make you weak to ask for help. I tend to bite off more than I can chew, and instead of spitting it out, I choke it down. ....that wasn't as good of a metaphor as I thought it would be, but it works. I just play it cool, driving myself crazy when all I need to do is as for help.

6. Become stronger in my faith.
    If you've read my previous blogs, I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I'm Catholic. I rarely go to church anymore because my dad works late on Saturdays. It makes it hard to get him up on Sundays (his first day off) in time for church. I believe in God, and I pray, but I've noticed I usually only pray when I "need" something or am in fear of something. I want to pray to thank Him. I want to thank Him for this amazing life that He has given me. I want to pray for those who do not have it as well off as I do. I know I can do this is at home, and I do. But I feel like somehow I have a more direct line while kneeling in a pew. Sometimes I forget to thank Him for the little things, and I want that weekly reminder that this is all thanks to Him. That He will always take care of me, even if I think otherwise sometimes.


The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. 
Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work. 

-Oprah Winfrey

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment