Monday, December 5, 2011

Title Shmitle...

I hate having to come up with a title every post... It's not as easy as you might think.

Well, it's been quite a while since I posted last, and I figured I'm not doing anything right now, so why not type on this keyboard something that I don't think anyone will read anyway. Haha. Wow, that sounded so negative... Oh well. I'm the kind of person that likes to rip the band-aid off fast.

So, lets start with the not so great parts of life right now...
1. Most of my friends stopped speaking to me when I decided I wasn't going to play basketball this year.
2. I didn't get on court for the pageant I was in for my town.
3. I have to give a speech in front of half of my graduating class sometime this week.
4. I have to write at least three essays still for my college writing class before next week.
5. I am not going to Florida this Christmas


.....that's honestly all I can think of. And it took me awhile. Haha.


Now on to the lighter side of life :) 
1. I am still with my boyfriend of 10 and a half months :)
2. I got accepted to the college that I fell in love with this fall.
3. My boyfriend got accepted there as well :)
4. My grades are amazing!
5. I entered a pageant for my town and was picked to be in the top 5 out of 12 girls :)
6. Through said pageant, I met 11 amazing girls that I'm so happy to now know. 
7. I am more confident than I can ever remember being in my entire life.
8. My boyfriend's grandfather is out of the hospital and able to stay at home now :)
9. I'm generally happy with the way things are going for me right now.

Given the things that I consider negative parts of my life right now, it's honestly not that bad. Sure, my friends don't really seem like friends anymore, but I figure if something as silly as high school can break us up, there's no way we could have stayed in touch through college.

There is one important thing that being in this pageant showed me, and that is that I have quite a bit of confidence, even if I don't always believe it myself. Going into this pageant, I knew absolutely nobody and would have to be judged in front of a large group of people. And ya know what? I had a blast. I can't even imagine not doing this pageant, not having met the girls that I did, not having the wonderful time that I had. This pageant showed me that I am strong enough. Thanks to this pageant, I no longer have fears of going off to college not knowing anyone. I know that I have the confidence and the abilities to go to college and be the person that I am.

I know I need to find a way to end this post, but I honestly cannot think of one, soo...
Schmoogle-dy boop.

No comments:

Post a Comment