Friday, March 11, 2011

Ohh, number one

This will be my first blog....ever. And I don't really want to start off with describing myself. After 13 years of school, I am tired of trying to think of new ways to describe myself. So, instead, I guess I'll just tell you about myself as I go.

The first thing that you should probably know about me is that I'm Catholic. If you know anything about the Catholic religion, you know that around this time of the year, we participate in Lent. This is where we sacrifice something important to us or we take on doing something daily for 40 days. In past years...actually, every year I can remember giving something up, I've given up chocolate. It usually made Easter about a million times better, knowing that I hadn't had candy for the past 40 days. This is the first year, though, that I have given up something other than chocolate. Being a 17 year-old high schooler, I gave up Facebook. My life-line to the rest of the world. As if that weren't hard enough, I've also given up all drinks except water. This has proven to be the hard part. Thus far, I have already bought myself pops, chocolate milk, and juices before realizing that I couldn't have it. And Lent only started three days ago...

On a completely unrelated note, I love compliments. Giving them, recieving them. I even like hearing someone else give one to another person. It's just a really nice thing to do that can make someone's day.

Anyways, I'm sitting here in my trigonometry class, wondering why I continue to write rather than taking notes on everything that I missed yesterday thanks to my 10 minute dentist appointment that turned into three hours. I guess I just like the idea of writing to someone I have possibly never met and will never meet... Ha! Wow, that sounds creepy. All creepiness (is that even a real word?) aside, I hope this isn't something I like at first than slowly fizzles into nothing...

1 comment:

  1. Im now following your blog :)
    I havent read much yet, but its pretty good so far.
    If i start reading a new blog, i like to start at the begining so i feel like i didnt miss anything.

    ReplyDelete